Woodstock, Georgia Commercial Auto Insurance
We are the Auto-Owners independent agent in your community and will be happy to help you find the right commercial auto insurance policy for your business. We will assist you in determining which combination of coverage options will protect your business auto fleet without breaking your budget. We work with many businesses – including contractors, local and regional trucking operations, farmers, and service vehicles – to provide a wide range of coverages they need out on the road.
Commercial Car Insurance
As a Independent Auto-Owners insurance agent I can help you navigate the often-confusing business auto insurance landscape. We are here to make sure that your commercial car insurance policy effectively protects your business. As your independent agent we will work with you closely to determine which coverage options are appropriate for your needs. When you call you can be confident that you are working with an auto insurance specialist that has your interest in mind.
What we cover
- Manufacturing & Distributing
- Landscaping & Snow Removal
- Errand Vehicles
- School-Owned Autos and Buses
Commercial Automobile Insurance Program Discounts and Optional Coverages
Insurance discounts for commercial car insurance from Auto-Owners may include:
- Group/Special Rating Plan
- Cumulative Multi-Policy
- Farm Use Seasonal
Commercial Auto Insurance insures your vehicles for physical damage and liability coverages for amounts, situations, and usage not covered by a personal auto policy.
This type of business insurance covers a variety of vehicles and is also referred to as commercial car insurance, truck insurance, or fleet insurance. At Modern Family Insurance Agency Inc will help you find the best coverage you need for your business.
Why do you need Commercial Auto Insurance?
In general, if an auto is used in tasks related to the operator's occupation, profession or business, other than commuting, a commercial policy is necessary.
- If you are using your auto to transport goods or people for a fee or if you use your auto to conduct a service, you may need a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial auto policy may be appropriate if you need higher limits of liability because of the nature of your work.
- Hauling a considerable weight in tools or equipment or towing a trailer used to conduct your business may require a commercial auto insurance policy.
- A commercial insurance policy may be needed if employees operate the auto or if ownership is in the name of a corporation or partnership.
What does Commercial Auto Insurance cover?
Commercial auto insurance, like your personal auto policy, provides similar coverages such as liability, collision, comprehensive, medical payments (or personal injury protection) and uninsured motorists coverage.
However, there are also differences between a commercial auto insurance policy and your personal auto policy that may include eligibility, definitions, coverages, exclusions, and limits.
Most Commercial auto policies are "named driver only" policies, meaning only those drivers listed on the policy can operate a covered auto.
What are the coverages?
- Bodily injury liability coverage – pays for bodily injury or death resulting from an accident for which you are at fault and provides you with a legal defense.
- Property damage liability coverage – provides you with protection if your car accidently damages another persons property. It also provides you with a legal defense.
- Combined single limit (CSL) – Liability policies typically offer separate limits that apply to bodily injury claims for property damage. A combined single limits policy has the same dollar amount of coverage per covered occurrence whether bodily injury or property damage, one person or several.
- Medical payments, no-fault or Personal Injury Coverage – usually pays for the medical expenses of the driver and passengers in your car incurred as a result of a covered accident regardless of fault.
- Uninsured motorist coverage – pays for your injuries and, in some circumstances, certain property damage caused by an uninsured or a hit-and-run driver. In some cases, underinsured motorist coverage is also included. This is for cases in which the at-fault driver has insufficient insurance.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for damage to or replacement of your car from theft, vandalism, flood, fire, and other covered perils.
- Collision coverage – pays for damage to your car when it hits or is hit by another object.
When it comes to commercial auto insurance you have choices. We represent many different companies and we can help find the best value for you. We are able to accomodate international licenses, out of state licenses, and most any driving record. We have pricing for one unit as well as special pricing for fleets.
One of the real strenghts of our agency is our ability to provide pricing thru more than one company.
There are big differences in commercial auto insurance and a personal auto policy. Some of those differences can cost you money if you are a small business owner. For a thorough review of your auto insurance contact us. If you are self employed we can help you determine if a commercial auto policy would be a better idea.
Don't drive your personal auto with regular auto insurance if you use your vehicle in your work. You may not have the coverage you need. When it comes to commercial auto insurance your independent insurance agent is the place to go